Updated On: Aug-23-2016
Research interest, skills and expertise:
Veterinary Epidemiology including risk-based surveillance, risk assessment, risk analysis, spatio-temporal epidemiology; serological surveillances; observational study designs; Foot-and-Mouth Disease serology including Non-structural protein ELISA and Liquid Phase Blocking ELISA.
Professional linkages and award:
OIE National focal point for animal disease notification Member of the International Society for Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics.
Recipient of Australian Biosecurity Cooperatives Research Centre Award (2008).
Development of National Foot-and-Mouth Disease Control Program, Revised-National Influenza Pandemic Preparedness Plan 2014 and Guidelines for Preparedness, Surveillance and Control of Anthrax in Human and Animals 2013.
1. Dukpa, K., Robertson, I.D. and Ellis, T.M. (2012) Serological and clinical surveillance studies to validate reported foot-and-mouth disease free status in Tsirang district of Bhutan. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 104 (1-2). pp. 23-33 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167587711003345).
2. Dukpa, K., Robertson, I.D., Edwards, J.R., Ellis, T.M., Tshering, P., Rinzin, K. and Dahal, N. (2011) Risk factors for foot-and-mouth disease in sedentary livestock herds in selected villages in four regions of Bhutan. New Zealand Veterinary Journal, 59 (2). pp. 51-58.
3. Dukpa, K., Robertson, I.D. and Ellis, T.M. (2011) The epidemiological characteristics of the 2007 foot-and-mouth disease epidemic in Sarpang and Zhemgang Districts of Bhutan. Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, 58 (1). pp. 53-62.
4. Dukpa, K., Robertson, I.D., Edwards, J.R. and Ellis, T.M. (2011) A retrospective study on the epidemiology of foot-and-mouth disease in Bhutan. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 43 (2). pp. 495-502.
5. Dukpa, K., Robertson, I.D. and Ellis, T.M. (2011) The seroprevalence of foot-and-mouth disease in the sedentary livestock herds in four districts of Bhutan. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 100 (3-4). pp. 231-236.
6. Dukpa, K., Thapa, L., Tshering, K., Tobgay, T., and Gabur, C. 2008. Prevalence and treatment efficacy of Humpsore in cattle in Sarpang. Journal of Renewable Natural Resources of Bhutan. 4(1) pp 107-115.