The following external and internal national team members are conducting Veterinary Epidemiology Capacity Assessment through application of Veterinary Epidemiology Mapping Tool (EMT) in the country w.e.f 10-14 July 2017. The team will meet and discuss with key stakeholders at national, regional and local levels, in order to complete data and evidence gathering to support the assessment.
1. Dr. Kachen Wongsathapornchai, Regional Epidemiology Coordinator, FAO, Bangkok
2. Mr. Frank Pumipuntu, Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Expert, FAO, Bangkok
3. Dr. Khadak Singh Bisht, Assistant SAARC Regional Support Unit Coordinator, Kathmandu, Nepal
4. Ms. Qiu Yi Khut, Knowledge Assessment and Management Expert
5. Dr. Karma Rinzin, CVO, HQ, DoL, Thimphu
6. Dr. Tenzin, Head, Disease Prevention and Control Unit, NCAH
7. Dr. Rinzin Pem, DCVO, RLDC, Wangdue
At the end of the mission, the team members will have an opportunity to discuss preliminary scores of the assessment, which will be proposed to the government for concurrence. The findings will be useful to plan for strengthening veterinary epidemiology capacity in the country thereby enhancing animal disease surveillance and preparedness activities in the country.